PennOpen Pass for Penn personnel
The launch of PennOpen Pass is a critical step in the ongoing efforts to resume academic, research, and clinical activities on Penn’s campus. We share a collective responsibility to protect ourselves and each other, and it will take participation from all to help slow the spread of this disease. When you wear a face covering, practice physical distancing, and complete your daily symptom check on PennOpen Pass, you promote the health and safety of everyone around you and advance Penn’s mission of excellence in education, research, and patient care.
How it works
Faculty, students, and staff returning to campus are required to complete daily symptom checks using PennOpen Pass.
Symptom checks must be completed before the start of each day, including on weekends, to reduce the risk that any COVID-19 case could lead to an outbreak. Daily symptom tracking enables PennOpen Pass to act as an early warning system of potential COVID-19 infections on campus. If COVID-19 cases are diagnosed, clinical staff and contact tracers will respond quickly to contain spread and connect individuals at risk to care in an expedited manner. For persons working or learning remotely 100% of the time, PennOpen Pass still provides access to expedited clinical guidance should a need arise.
Enrollment and participation
PennOpen Pass can be used on a phone or computer. Follow the steps below to get started.
- Click here to enroll in the program using your PennKey or UPHS credentials. During enrollment you can advise on your communication preferences and sign-up for daily text reminders.
Log in to complete your symptom check before the start of each day.
- Users who report no symptoms and no recent contact with someone who may have COVID-19 get a Green Pass.
- Users who receive a Red Pass are directed to assistance and follow up tailored to their individual needs.
- Individuals reporting to campus must show their Green Pass on entry into buildings, wear face coverings, and practice physical distancing. Symptom checks should be completed before reporting to campus.
- Individuals who cannot use PennOpen Pass due to technology access or other issues can use the check-in process for people without PennOpen Pass at campus buildings.