Welcome to PennOpen Pass
We share a collective responsibility to protect ourselves and each other from COVID-19. PennOpen Pass is a daily symptom tracker designed to reduce the risk of COVID-19 spreading within the Penn community.
Daily tracking is critical to reducing the spread of COVID-19 in our community as it will enable clinical staff and contact tracers to act quickly if COVID-19 is detected.Get started
About PennOpen Pass
PennOpen Pass is a daily symptom tracker designed to reduce the risk of COVID-19 spreading within the Penn community.
PennOpen Pass enables early detection of COVID-19 by
- Identifying individuals whose health may be at risk or may pose health risks to others,
- Supporting those individuals to receive assistance, which may include COVID-19 testing, self-isolation, contact tracing, and medical care, and
- Monitoring trends related to COVID-19 to enable timely allocation of resources for campus health and safety.
The following user groups are currently supported to use the tool:
The following are not supported to use the tool:
- Patients and inpatient visitors
- Outpatient companions
The launch of PennOpen Pass is a critical step in the ongoing efforts to resume academic, research, and clinical activities on Penn’s campus. We share a collective responsibility to protect ourselves and each other, and it will take participation from all to help slow the spread of this disease. When you wear a face covering, practice physical distancing, and complete your daily symptom check on PennOpen Pass, you promote the health and safety of everyone around you and advance Penn’s mission of excellence in education, research, and patient care.
University of Pennsylvania Resources
- Penn COVID-19 Response
- Penn’s Confidential Reporting and Help Line
- COVID-19 Workplace Health and Safety
- Principles of Responsible Conduct
- Student Campus Compact
- Penn Coronavirus Health Information and Guidance
- Student Health Services
University of Pennsylvania Health System Resources
We are here to help!
For general feedback, please use our webform.
- Faculty, students, and staff with questions about their pass status or instructions should contact the PennOpen Pass Call Center at 215-573-6355. The hours of operation for the PennOpen Pass Call Center are 4 AM - 10 PM 7 days a week. Individuals who contact the Call Center hours outside of normal operating hours will have the option to request a call back from a specialist.
- Vendors and contractors should contact their health care provider with medical questions.
- University users should contact their school, center, or entity IT support team.
- UPHS users should contact the Penn Medicine IS Help Desk via webform or by phone at 215-662-7474.
- Vendors and contractors should contact the IT support team at the school, center, or entity they are visiting or for whom they work.
- If a technical issue occurs over the weekend, University users should call ISC Client Care at 215-898-1000 and select the on-call option. UPHS users should call the Penn Medicine IS Help Desk at 215-662-7474.
For media inquiries, contact Ron Ozio.