PennOpen Pass will ask participants about current symptoms and close contact with others who have probable or confirmed cases of COVID-19. Responses will be maintained in Penn’s secure information systems, with access limited to those engaged in health and safety functions for Penn or in administering this program, all on a need-to-know basis.
- To manage access to Penn facilities to minimize the risk of COVID-19 exposure. Specifically, based on symptom and exposure information provided, the individual submitting the information may be approved to be onsite, or guided to the appropriate testing and care and/or directed to remain at home;
- To facilitate evaluation, testing, treatment, and/or follow-up related to COVID-19;
- To identify patterns of infection that may warrant additional public health interventions and/or resources;
- To follow-up with participants to assess and improve the functionality of this program;
- To comply with legal requirements; and
- To facilitate disclosure based on participants’ documented express consent.
Any other use or disclosure of program information will exclude name, email address, phone number and other information that is reasonably likely to identify an individual and will be only for purposes of public health or IRB-approved research.
Personally identifying information for each day’s symptom survey will be retained for 30 days at which time it will be securely deleted, unless otherwise required by law, so that the answers will no longer be associated with you.
The PennOpen Pass program will never be able to directly access any of your digital location information or contacts.
Penn is committed to the responsible stewardship of the personal information collected from all individuals participating in the PennOpen Pass program. Participation in this program will promote the health and safety of our community and beyond and help advance Penn’s mission of excellence in patient care, education, and research. If you have questions about this program, please contact 215-573-6355. If you have questions about privacy, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.