Welcome to PennOpen Pass. The purposes of PennOpen Pass are (1) to identify individuals whose health may be at risk and/or may pose health risks to others due to COVID-19, (2) to ensure that individuals at risk receive appropriate assistance and follow up, which may include COVID-19 testing, self-isolation, contact tracing, and medical care, (3) to monitor trends related to COVID-19 to ensure proper allocation of resources for campus health and safety and (4) to promote compliance with campus COVID-19 health and safety initiatives such as survey and testing completion.
PennOpen Pass may ask participants for information in furtherance of campus COVID-19 health and safety initiatives including:
- Current symptoms;
- Recent positive COVID-19 test result;
- Close contact with others who have probable or confirmed cases of COVID-19; and/or
- Physical spaces where they may have spent time on campus.
Please note that PennOpen Pass will not be able to directly access any digital location information or contacts through a participant’s mobile device. Participant responses will be maintained securely, with access limited to those engaged in health and safety functions for Penn or in administering this program, all on a need-to-know basis.
Personally identifiable information collected will be used for the program purposes identified above to further Penn’s COVID-19 campus health and safety initiatives. For example, it may be used or disclosed:
- To manage access to Penn facilities to minimize the risk of COVID-19 exposure;
- To facilitate evaluation, testing, treatment, and/or follow-up related to COVID-19, including disclosure for purposes of contact tracing;
- To respond to authorized requests by public health authorities;
- To identify patterns of infection that may warrant additional public health interventions and/or resources;
- To follow-up with participants to assess and improve the functionality of this program;
- To comply with legal requirements; and/or
- To facilitate disclosure based on documented express consent.
Any disclosure of PennOpen Pass data for research use will be based on consent or will exclude name, email address, phone number, and other information that is reasonably likely to identify an individual and in each case be subject to approval by the Institutional Review Board.
Penn will retain personally identifiable information collected through PennOpen only as long as necessary to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, after which time it will be securely deleted.
Penn is committed to the responsible stewardship of the personal information collected from all individuals participating in PennOpen Pass. Participation will promote the health and safety of our community and beyond and help advance Penn’s mission of excellence in patient care, education, and research.
If you have questions about this program, please contact 215-615-6633. If you have questions about privacy, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.