PennOpen Pass for vendors and contractors
Vendors and contractors are required to complete a PennOpen Pass if they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, have received a positive COVID-19 test result, or if they have had a high-risk exposure to COVID-19. If you work for a company which uses a COVID-19 screening process approved by Penn Medicine and you are not entering a Penn Medicine building, you are not required to use PennOpen Pass.
PennOpen Pass can be used on a phone or computer. Follow the steps below to get started.
- Click here to enroll in the program using your UPHS credentials. You are asked to provide an email address, phone number, and identify your role and affiliation via an enrollment form.
- To complete a PennOpen Pass, text the word "CHECK" to 94501 if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, if you have had a high-risk exposure to COVID-19, or if you have received a positive COVID-19 test.
- If you receive a red pass, you will receive an email with guidance on the next steps. You can also contact PennOpen Pass by phone at 215-615-6633.
- If you work for a company which uses a COVID-19 screening process approved by Penn Medicine and you are not entering a Penn building, you are not required to use PennOpen Pass.
- If you cannot use PennOpen Pass as a digital tool due to technology access or other issues, you can use the check-in process for people without PennOpen Pass at campus buildings.
Vendors and contractors with a Red Pass, or who answer “Yes” to verbal attestation signs, are not permitted into Penn buildings. You are directed to contact your health care provider immediately for guidance and stay home, avoiding contact with others.
Please contact the IT support team at the school, center, or entity you are visiting or for whom you work.
University users should contact their school, center, or entity IT support team.
UPHS users should contact the Penn Medicine IS Help Desk by phone at 215-662-7474.