PennOpen Pass for vendors and contractors
Vendors and contractors are required to complete symptom checks using PennOpen Pass on the days they visit University buildings and Penn Medicine facilities. Vendors and contractors who routinely report to campus, either at the University or Penn Medicine, should use PennOpen Pass on a daily basis. If you work for a company which uses a COVID-19 screening process approved by the University or Penn Medicine and you are not entering a University or Penn Medicine building, you are not required to use PennOpen Pass.
PennOpen Pass can be used on a phone or computer. Follow the steps below to get started.
- Click here to enroll in the program using your PennKey, UPHS credentials, or PennPath (instructions for creating an account here). You are asked to provide an email address, mobile phone number, and identify your role and affiliation via an enrollment form. During enrollment you can advise on your communication preferences and sign-up for daily text reminders.
- If you create daily text reminders, please note that after completing each survey, you will receive an SMS message with a link to your pass or appropriate next steps. Text STOP at any time to stop texts from PennOpen Pass. If you do not use text reminders, you will need to access the website every day.
Log in to complete your symptom check survey.
- Users who DO NOT report symptoms or recent contact with someone who may have COVID-19 get a Green Pass.
- Users who DO report symptoms or have had a recent contact with someone who may have COVID-19 will receive a Red Pass.
- When you report to campus, you must show your Green Pass upon entry into University buildings or Penn Medicine facilities, wear face coverings, and practice physical distancing.
- If you work for a company which uses a COVID-19 screening process approved by the University or Penn Medicine and you are not entering a University or Penn building, you are not required to use PennOpen Pass.
- If you cannot use PennOpen Pass as a digital tool due to technology access or other issues, you can use the check-in process for people without PennOpen Pass at campus buildings.
Vendors and contractors with a Red Pass, or who answer “Yes” to verbal attestation signs, are not permitted into Penn buildings. You are directed to contact your health care provider immediately for guidance and stay home, avoiding contact with others.
Red passes for vendors and contractors expire daily at 4 AM. If you received the Red Pass in error and do not have symptoms or recent exposure, or when you are cleared for return by your health care provider, you can retake your symptom check.
I am a vendor or contractor coming to campus. How often do I need to use PennOpen Pass?
Vendors or contractors are required to complete symptom checks using PennOpen Pass on the days they visit campus. If you are a regular visitor, such as a vendor or contractor who routinely reports to campus, you should plan to use PennOpen Pass on a daily basis. Daily tracking is critical to reduce the potential spread of COVID-19 and it will enable your health care provider to act quickly if there is a concern for COVID-19.
Please contact the IT support team at the school, center, or entity you are visiting or for whom you work.
You can also contact the Penn Medicine IS Help Desk via webform.
University users should contact their school, center, or entity IT support team.
UPHS users should contact the Penn Medicine IS Help Desk via webform or by phone at 215-662-7474.